DAN McCLELLAN, Project Engineer
As the Project Engineer at DOSECC, Dan McClellan plays a critical role in the engineering, design, fabrication and inventory of drilling equipment and associated machinery. He brings over 20 years of scientific and engineering experience to his work distinguishing DOSECC as an emerging leader in its industry.
Prior to joining DOSECC in 2013, he served as a Project Manager for Barnes Aerospace for over seven years in new product development, manufacturing support, equipment acquisition, machine design, and engineering. An additional seven years at Chief Automotive as the Senior Design Engineer and Drafting Department Manager in Nebraska followed four years as the Senior Design Engineer and Production Support Supervisor for Star Tech in Wyoming and five years as the Lead Consultant and Design Engineer for Danamac in Idaho. Mr. McClellan served his community as a science teacher in the secondary schools for two years between this experience and an additional five years of technical management experience at The Helmet Company in Idaho and LTV Aerospace and Defense in Texas.
Mr. McClellan’s technical experience includes:
- Engineering, Design, 3D/2D CAD modeling
- Machine design and fabrication
- Metal and plastic forming, machining
- Hydraulics design and fabrication
- Control circuit design and fabrication
- PCB design and layout
- Equipment specification and procurement
- Trouble shooting of equipment and processes
- Materials Procurement
- Client Relations Skills (including international)
- Skills in plumbing, electrical
- Fluent in Spanish
- Presentation and instruction
- 6 Sigma Green belt
- Multiple movable carriages with multi-radius tracks and tilted rollers; Application number 20050235731 issued Oct 27, 2005;
- Jack with elevatable platform; Patent number 6601430, issued August 5, 2003;
- Chassis straightening bench; Application number 20030066333, Issued April 10, 2003.